NHSA 2016 Virtual Stock Market Competition
Welcome to the NHSA 2016 Virtual Stock Market Competition! In this competition, members of NHSA will compete to receive a $100 credit towards either the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 convention!
Sign-up today! The game begins at the market-open on June 13th and ends at the close on September 13th!
- Visit http://www.investopedia.com/simulator/ and sign-up using your name and e-mail address.
- Hit “Skip and continue” on the bottom of the next two (2) pages.
- After completing the sign-up process, go to http://www.investopedia.com/simulator/portfolio/nogamestotradein.aspx
- Under “Join a public game”, select “View More Games”.
- In the search bar, type “NHSA” and select “Start Search”.
- You will see a game called “NHSA Stock Market Competition 2016”. Select the “Join” option.
- Type in “NHSA2016” for the Game Password (case sensitive).
- That’s it! You are signed-up. Select the “Trade” tab to make your first trade.
A few basic guidelines about the game:
- All securities traded in the US can be traded, and short-selling is enabled.
- Investopedia has many helpful resources if you are a beginner to the financial markets.
- The rules of the game are outlined on the official game page.
The winner of the competition will be the one to hold the highest market value on their portfolio, and will earn a $100 credit towards one of the next two NHSA conventions (see disclaimer below).
Questions: If you have ANY additional questions feel free to reach out to Alex Lambropoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org or NHSA at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: The NHSA Virtual Stock Market Competition will take place from June 13, 2016 (“Start-Date”) and end on September 13, 2016 (“End-Date”). The winner will be the one to hold the highest Market Value of the virtual portfolio within the NHSA investment competition on Investopedia on the End-Date of the competition.
Upon securing the first-place, the winner will receive $100 (“reward”) to be given as a refund to either the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 convention. Securing the reward outlined above is contingent on successful candidacy for the attendance scholarship, however, the winner will be ineligible to receive the attendance scholarship itself. As such, in order to receive the award, one must attend all Convention events, complete an attendance scholarship-refund form, and must complete the post-Convention survey.